Mr. Scott Knowles joined the Chamber in 1999 and was appointed Chief Executive in 2015. Over the past 17 years, he has managed multiple initiatives; including capital infrastructure projects and programs to support the creation of new businesses and to boost access to finance.
Scott’s role of the Chief Executive is to provide energetic leadership which inspires Members, customers and staff, to develop a strategic plan for East Midlands Chamber which underpins regional and national strategies, to provide policy advice to the Chamber’s officers and ensure that the Chamber has influence locally, nationally and internationally and to work within the British Chambers of Commerce and regional frameworks, contributing nationally and regionally in order to gain maximum benefits to the East Midlands community.
His specialist skills include:
- Implementing strategic and operational performance improvement plans
- Project management at the highest level
- Technology development and implementation
- Identifying and developing skills to support business growth
- Operating cross-functionally and able to communicate at all levels
Scott’s experience includes:
- Project managing £20m of public sector funded business support and growth contracts since 2006
- Commercial and investment property portfolio development and management
- Supporting the creation of 481 new enterprises across Derbyshire in the period 2006 – 2009