The Falcon Hotel looked after 50 Members and their guests at the 8th consecutive year of The Biz Club Award. Which, this year was won by Chris & Sandra Lovelock, who created ICON Revolutionary Web Solutions, please see the following information about their company:
- Chris Lovelock founded ICON in 1995 and is based in Market Harborough
- Initially worked on store design for Sainsbury’s – won commissions to update and publish the Store Format Team’s dressing guides and specifications
- In 1999, shortly after getting married at Oakham Castle, followed by a reception at The Falcon Hotel, Chris spotted the potential of the internet and ran a trial then created a website on which to publish the specifications
- As a result, the Sainsbury’s Standards Web Site, launched in April 2000, was the first of its kind
- 16 years later, Sandra, Chris’ wife is his business partner and Sainsbury’s are still a client
- ICON’s other clients include: Boots, Next, Topps Tiles, Coop, Asda, Morrison’s, John Lewis, Waitrose, Travis Perkins, B&Q
- They employ 15 staff and are the largest employer at the Innovation Centre in Market Harborough.